Lancaster, Texas 75146
Residence: Twenty-nine years resident of Lancaster, Texas
Norfolk State University, Norfolk, Virginia:
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Marketing
Cedar Valley Community College, Principles Management
Various Continuing Education Courses
Nichols Mobile African American History Museum
Owner Executive Director, Curator of Museum
• Provide overall management of the museum collections at the Museum
• Perform and oversee registration and accessioning functions for artifacts accepted into the museum's collection of original art, three-dimensional artifacts, textiles, photographs, and archival material.
• Perform a range of functions to preserve the museum's art, artifacts, and archival material. Collection documentation and management
• Study museum artifacts to determine their identity, provenance, implication and significance to history.
• Acquires, cares for, develops, displays and interprets a collection of artifacts and works of art order to inform, educate and inspire the public.
• Responsible activities, such as public relations, marketing, fundraising and education programmers. Also prepare budgets, writing bids; manage staff and build relationships with both internal and external partners and stakeholders
Nichols Transportation Company
Forty hours of Special Event Certification Training
Certified Mediator in Personal Property and Multi-Cultural Conflict Resolution/Grievance
Administration(A): Human Resource, Legal Issues, Operations, Budgeting, Governance, By laws, Mission, Board Development, Ethics.
Resource Development(E): Public Relations, Development, Membership, Marketing.
Exhibitions (E): Curation, Installation, Evaluation, Labels, Gallery Guides, Object Mounting, Furnishing Plans for Historic Houses.
U.S. Navy (Honorable)
Vietnam ERA Veteran
32nd Degree Mason
National Riffle Association
Lancaster Chambers of Commerce
Dallas Black Chambers of Commerce
Civic and Community Based Experience for City of Lancaster
- Organized and served as coordinator for Millbrook Neighborhood Crime Watch Committee
- President of the Millbrook Homeowners Association since 1993 to current.
- Chaired the committee that sponsor the culture celebration event for Cinco De Mayo, Juneteenth and Fourth of July celebration (1997 to 1999)
- Recognized as one of the thirteenth most influential people in the City of Lancaster by Today's Newspaper, February 1998
- Member of the Charter Review Committee, 1999 and 2002
- Organized and chaired a committee that sponsor The Armed Forces Day support and pray for our troops 2002.
- Served on Lancaster Park Advisor Board for two terms and two year as the Vice Chair.
- Served on Lancaster Recreation Center Design Team
- Served on the Committed that created the Lancaster Human Relations Commission
- Chaired the Lancaster Human Relations Commission for the first two terms
- Served as a member of a Regional and Urban Design Assistance Team Steering Committee in Lancaster, Texas after the tornado that destroyed downtown area of Lancaster.
- Received numerous hours of Sensitivity Training
- Served on the Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee for Lancaster, TX (2003 & 2004)
- Dallas County Election Judge for four years
- Lancaster ISD School's and faculty Design Committee 2005-2006
- Received Trailblazer Award at the at the 1999 Juneteenth Celebrations
- Rosa Parks Millbrook Campus Improvement Committee, 1997 and 1998
- Leading advocate of changing name of the Millbrook Elementary to Rosa Parks -Millbrook Elementary. I met with Mrs. Rosa parks to obtain permission to re-name Millbrook Elementary School in her honor.
- Airport Advisor Board (2005 & 2006)
- Former Lancaster High School Cheerleader Booster Club President
- Present member of the Lancaster Historical Society
- Lancaster independence School District Improvement Council 2006
- Served on the Southern Dallas County Loop 9 Feasibility Study Group
- Founder and President of Lancaster Martin Luther King, Jr. Foundation and parade Committee since 2003.
- Served on the Keep Lancaster Beautiful Committee
- Member of Texas Association of Museum and North Texas Association Museum
- Lancaster Lions Club member
- Planning & Zoning Commission board Commissioner for the City of Lancaster, Texas 2013 - 2015
- I have a street name in my honor in the city of Lancaster, Texas.
- Public Relations Director/Historian for the American Legion
- Dallas ISD African American Student Success Taskforce imitative
- Lancaster ISD 2015 Bond Committee